The Paramount Theater, a 501(c)(3) in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Marketing Assistant. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the Director of Marketing to increase the organization’s visibility and support from individuals, corporations and other sources by providing quality systems and administrative support.
Duties Will Include:
- Assist with the marketing of any and all events to include positioning of posters, building events on the website, building e-blasts, and organizing event marketing schedules.
- Assist with all internal and event communication with constituent groups i.e. volunteer newsletter, community newsletter, etc.
- Coordinate with Development staff to ensure proper sponsor logo information is on file and used on all marketing materials.
- Provide graphic design assistance in regard to Playbill, posters, brochures, website, signage, event slides, print ads and campaigns.
- Assist with any and all marketing placements. Serve as liaison with media contacts, when requested by the Director of Marketing.
- Assist with copy writing for press releases, TV and radio spots, stage announcements, etc.
- Conduct and oversee all social media activities for the Theater.
- Assist with private rental marketing on web, print, etc.
- Assist with implementation of building marketing (posters, event signage, etc.)
- Have a high level of personal accountability and the ability to manage multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner.
- Possess a positive attitude, a willingness to take direction and a can-do approach to all aspects of the job.
- Possess a high comfort level with computer technology including donor database software, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive.
- Hands-on, action-oriented self-starter with a high energy level and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Undergraduate degree in marketing and/or 1-2 years experience with both traditional marketing and management of social media accounts.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.