The Paramount Theater, a 501(c)(3) in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Development Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all administrative aspects of development activities in support of the mission of The Paramount Theater. This position is an integral part of the Development Team and works under the guidance of the Development Director and in partnership with other Paramount staff. The Development Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support and participating in all fundraising activities, including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events. This is a full-time position with benefits and salary based on ability, education, and experience. No phone calls please - send resume and cover letter to [email protected] The Paramount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ideal candidate is organized and self-motivated with excellent written and oral communication skills. S/he must be detail-oriented, meticulous about follow-through, and able to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic office environment. The successful candidate will want to be an integral part of a highly productive team, be eager to learn new skills, possess a sense of humor and collaborative spirit, and be willing to pitch in where needed.
- Process donations and generate timely and accurate gift acknowledgment letters and tax receipts.
- Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising and other database reports as needed.
- Manage and update patron, prospect, and donor records.
- Manage electronic communications as needed, including webpage updates and email blasts.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective grants, corporate foundation, and individual donors.
- Coordinate production and mailing of appeal letters. Pull lists and prepare mail merges for Development and Marketing as requested.
- Reconcile financial records regularly with Finance Office. Work with the Controller to assure all donations are properly processed for tax purposes for patrons (e.g. end of year tax letters are accurate).
- Handle all administrative details associated with Development-related meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Assist Development team in ensuring a quality stewardship and cultivation program with proper acknowledgment through appropriate means and correspondences, plaques, receptions, and donor appreciation activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and Executive Director.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superb proofreading, editing, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Familiarity with donor software, Tessitura in particular, a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Sheets, Docs, Drive)
- Must have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field